Yule Gift

This topic contains 9 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  bainn 1 week, 4 days ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

bainn
    Participant

Sadly not found beneath my tree but a Yule gift to myself upon spying a bargain on Ebay – Unused Monty Levenson Student (Has the Silver inlay, so possibly the advanced model) 1.8 cast bore Shakuhachi with one or two extra items for £215/$290 The previous owner intended it as a gift for someone who did not have the time to learn. The flute is immaculate and has been correctly oiled since purchased, ie – Not over oiled and left sticky.

The extras – Silk Utaguchi cover, Heavy cloth bag, Hard travel case, Flutesaver addon (Humidity monitor & regulator pack), Flute oil, Cleaning cloth, Plastic storage bag, plus books & cd’s –

Koden and Koten Honkyoku sheet music, plus four learning CDs.

Blowing Zen – One Breath, One Mind, Carl Abbot, plus CD

How to play the Shakuhachi, Yoshinobu Taniguchi, plus CD

Kinko Shakuhachi – One Maker’s Approach, Yoneda Chikamitsu

Introductory Manual for Kinko Honkyoku, Robert Grous

The Japanese Shakuhachi Flute (manual by the maker, Monty H Levenson).

A total bargain I think :)

prairie wolf
    Participant

😮 WOW, I’d say you hit the jackpot! Great photos and incredible “extras” included. Congratulations!

QUOTE(Bainn @ Jan 3 2018, 10:50 AM)
    Sadly not found beneath my tree but a Yule gift to myself upon spying a bargain on Ebay – Unused Monty Levenson Student (Has the Silver inlay, so possibly the advanced model) 1.8 cast bore Shakuhachi with one or two extra items for £215/$290 The previous owner intended it as a gift for someone who did not have the time to learn. The flute is immaculate and has been correctly oiled since purchased, ie – Not over oiled and left sticky.

The extras – Silk Utaguchi cover, Heavy cloth bag, Hard travel case, Flutesaver addon (Humidity monitor & regulator pack), Flute oil, Cleaning cloth, Plastic storage bag, plus books & cd’s –

Koden and Koten Honkyoku sheet music, plus four learning CDs.

Blowing Zen – One Breath, One Mind, Carl Abbot, plus CD

How to play the Shakuhachi, Yoshinobu Taniguchi, plus CD

Kinko Shakuhachi – One Maker’s Approach, Yoneda Chikamitsu

Introductory Manual for Kinko Honkyoku, Robert Grous

The Japanese Shakuhachi Flute (manual by the maker, Monty H Levenson).

A total bargain I think :)

rick mcdaniel
    Participant

Good acquisition. It IS a student model, but it had a value of $400. last time I looked, new.

gellis
    Participant

And with Monty’s cast bore flutes, there is no sonic difference between the student, advanced student or professional models. The price difference comes from the bamboo choice, extra bling, etc.. So you’ve got a great flute there for a great price.

bainn
    Participant

QUOTE(Geoffrey @ Jan 3 2018, 03:45 PM)
    And with Monty’s cast bore flutes, there is no sonic difference between the student, advanced student or professional models. The price difference comes from the bamboo choice, extra bling, etc.. So you’ve got a great flute there for a great price.

I was not aware of that, Geoffrey, groovy :)

Always fancied one of Monty’s flutes as he seems to have a good reputation as a maker and good fortune led me to this, plus was a UK seller, so no importation charges !

bainn
    Participant

QUOTE(Prairie Wolf @ Jan 3 2018, 12:07 PM)
    😮 WOW, I’d say you hit the jackpot! Great photos and incredible “extras” included. Congratulations!

Thank you my friend :)

Own a Monty flute – Life goal achieved

Also, all the learning material should keep me occupied for a while ;)

bainn
    Participant

QUOTE(Rick McDaniel @ Jan 3 2018, 01:21 PM)
    Good acquisition. It IS a student model, but it had a value of $400. last time I looked, new.

Through in all the other stuff and call me El Bandito !

tootieflutie58
    Participant

Excellent!!

rocksncactus
    Participant

Wow!

bainn
    Participant

QUOTE(tootieflutie58 @ Jan 4 2018, 03:23 PM)
    Excellent!!

QUOTE(rocksncactus @ Jan 4 2018, 03:39 PM)
    Wow!

Cheers :)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.